Am I eligible to be a Quantum Mobility member?
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current tenant/employee/guest of a Quantum Mobility affiliate property
- Be 18 years of age or older (21 in some states) and have a valid U.S. driver’s license. For those 18-21, you must have zero moving violations on your driving record.
- Pass our background screening by CheckR
- Quantum Mobility reserves the right to decline or terminate membership at any time. Please see the Terms of Service and Rental Agreement for further details.
Quantum Mobility reserves the right to decline or terminate membership at any time. Please see the Terms of Service and Rental Agreement for further details.
How do I sign up?
Steps to signing up:
- Download the Quantum Mobility app.
- Create an account.
- Take a picture of your driver’s license.
- Enter your full name, date of birth, address, and driver’s license info.
- Confirm your identity with a selfie check and confirm your phone number.
- Select your property and choose your driver preferences.
- Fill out the driver’s qualification checklist.
- Add a payment method.
- Agree to a background check and the terms and conditions.
- Verify your email.
- Once approved, you are ready to drive.
- Get the app
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards. We do not accept debit or prepaid cards.
How do I create a reservation?
- Open the Quantum Mobility App and click the “reservation” button along the bottom of the screen.
- The current date and time will display as the “pickup time” by default. Each press of the “+” button will add 1 hour to your time.
- Clicking on the date in the rectangle under “pick up time” and “drop-off time” will allow you to customize your reservation to your needs.
- If there are no vehicles available, then you will have to edit your reservation times and search again.
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance.
How long am I allowed to have the car?
- Minimum reservation duration is 2 hours, with 15 minute increments after that.
- Maximum reservation duration is 7 days.
How far can I drive the car?
- Members can travel up to 200 miles per day.
- Exceeding 200 miles will result in a fee of $0.53 for each additional mile traveled.
How early can I start the reservation?
- You can check into the car and drive it up to 15 minutes early. However, you will be charged a prorated amount for the additional time
How do I end my trip?
- Return the vehicle to the designated parking spot (where you picked up the vehicle) and ensure all belongings are removed from inside. If the vehicle is electric, please plug it into the EV charger. Follow the “end reservation” prompts on the Quantum Mobility app to lock the car and end your trip.
Do I need keys? How do I start/lock/unlock the car?
- Your phone is your key! No physical key fob is required. You will lock and unlock the car through the Quantum Mobility app.
- To start the vehicle, press the brake pedal and push the start engine button.
- If the car doesn’t start on the first attempt, or if “no key detected” displays on the dash, please press and hold the start button and brake pedal for 5 seconds.
How do I report any issues with the car?
- If you’re reporting minor damage or cleanliness issues, please use the in-app features during the “check-in” process. You will be able to type a comment, or use our damage reporting feature to upload photos from your mobile device.
- If the damage is major and the car can’t be driven for your reservation, please call us at (512) 882-4902 to report the issue, and we will do our best to accommodate your trip.
What do I do if I am involved in a car accident?
- If you or any of your passengers are injured as a result of the accident, or if you are unable to move the vehicle from travel lanes or off the highway, please call 9-1-1 for emergency services immediately.
- Once you are in a safe location, please call us at (512) 882-4902 to report the accident.
- If the car is not safely driveable, our agent will end your reservation and schedule you a rideshare through Lyft Concierge. This will get you home, or to your intended destination, safely. This Lyft ride will be free of charge. Then, our local roadside assistance team will deal with the car.
- Please take many photos of all involved vehicles and property. Please collect as much information as you can from any other drivers, police report, impound location (if the police are towing the vehicle), etc. A representative will contact you in the near future to collect this information.
How do I dispute a charge or get a refund?
- Quantum Mobility handles our customers’ billing requests via email within 24-48 hours. Please email us at email@example.com, and a representative will help solve your issue promptly.
What’s the insurance coverage?
- Texas coverage is 30/60/25 Third Party Liability Coverage with a $1,500 deductible.
Can I use my personal driver’s insurance?
- Yes, you can bring your personal driver’s insurance. However, you must still successfully pass through our registration process to be eligible to drive.
Do I need to refill gas vehicles?
- Yes, for gas powered vehicles we require that you return the vehicle full for the next member. All fuel used is your responsibility. We do not reimburse for fuel. Returning the vehicle less than full will result in additional charges, as described in our Terms and Conditions.
Do I need to recharge an electric vehicle?
- We ask that you plug-in the electric vehicle when you return it to its original parking space to ensure adequate charge for the next member.
- Not plugging in the EV at the end of your reservation will result in a service charge, as per our Terms and Conditions.